Work & Business

You can request a private consultation to discuss your needs with a member of our team

UK Investors
Residency and Citizenship by Investment
The UK operates different types of visas for people who wish to come to the UK to start a business or pursue another eligible investment.

Tier 1 Investor

This is suitable for individuals who have at least £2,000,000 available to them to invest in the UK.  Applicants can also apply to bring family members to the UK with them.
The maximum stay under this category is 3 years and 4 months.  If you wish to stay in the UK for longer than this then you can apply to extend your visa for up to a maximum of 2 years.  Thereafter, you will be eligible to make an application for indefinite leave to remain ( settlement).

Under this visa route you if you have more to invest then you can speed up the time you take to become eligible to apply for settlement.  You will be able to make an application for settlement if you make eligible investments in the UK for the following amounts:
a)      £5 million to be eligible to settle after 3 years
b)      £10 million to be eligible to settle after 2 years

Tier 1 Entrepreneur

An attractive option for business people who have at least £50,000 to establish or run a business in the UK.  You will be able to stay in the UK for at least 3 years and 4 months.  If you still need to stay in the UK after this time then you can apply to extend your stay for a further two years.
You can apply to remain in the UK indefinitely once you have lived in the UK under this route for at least 5 years.

UK Citizenship by Investment

Once you have fulfilled the residency requirements you can apply for British citizenship after you have had indefinite leave to remain (settlement) for at least 12 months.

Sole Representative Visa

If you are a representative of an overseas business which is planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company or if you are an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK then you can apply for leave to remain in the UK.

You will get a visa to stay in the UK for a maximum of three years.  If you still need to stay in the UK after this time then you can apply for further leave to remain for two years.  
Once you have been in the UK for at least five years on this route you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (settlement).

Working In The UK

Sponsors Licence Application

You might need a sponsor licence to employ someone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work for you in the UK.  This includes unpaid work, eg if you run a charity.
Obtaining a Sponsoring License does not guarantee that your chosen employee will be allowed to come to or stay in the UK.

Once granted, the sponsor licence allows you to make an application to employ a person – but each individual application will still be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Ancestry Working Visa

Eligibility for UK Ancestry Visa:

In order to apply for a UK ancestry visa, the applicant must be aged 17 or over and must be a Commonwealth citizen with a grandparent who was born in the UK, Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man. 

Applications can be based upon the British birth of any one of your 4 grandparents, alive or deceased. (Please note that applications from candidates with a grandparent who was born in the Republic of Ireland before March 1922 are also valid) .

A UK Ancestry Visa is initially issued for 5 years. After 5 years candidates can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (settlement) in the UK.  In order to be eligible for settlement the applicant must have spent 5 years continuously in the UK, be employed or show that they have an intention to look for employment.