We deal with fresh applications within the UK, entry clearance for people still abroad, human rights that involve the right to family or private life, deportations, bail and judicial review. 

Speak to a Solicitor

Find out whether you have a case & how we can help you
Before embarking on a expensive legal case it is a good idea to find out whether you have any legal grounds to make an application to the Home Office.

At Rogols we will assess your circumstances and let you know whether we believe you have a case within the services that we offer.  We will also give you an idea of the overall costs involved, the likelihood of you achieving the outcome you desire and the likely timescale.
You can arrange to Speak to a Solicitor here.

Entry Clearance

If you are not a citizen of the EEA or of a visa national country then you will be required to obtain entry clearance before coming to the UK. This is usually done through an online application and an appointment at the UK High Commission / Embassy which covers the country you wish to travel from.  We can advice you on whether you require a visa to come to the UK and if so, which visa is appropriate for the reason you wish to come to the UK.  

We take instructions from anywhere in the world, so don't hesitate to contact us if you wish to come to the UK for any reason..

Leave to remain

In order to stay in the UK after you have arrived, you will have to ensure that you have leave to remain - in other words, permission from the Home Office to be here. If you are not a British citizen or EEA citizen you should have a valid residence card throughout your time in the UK to show that you either have limited leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain. 

We  have a particular interest in assisting people already in the UK who wish to extend their time here due to family life.  We have expertise in advising  "Overstayers" on how to regularise their immigration status so that they can legally stay in the UK or review other options available to them.

Citizenship and nationality

British nationality applications may be made in any of the following categories:

1) People who were born in the UK in certain circumstances.

2) People born abroad who can apply for citizenship after a period of time.

3) Those born abroad claiming through British parents or grandparents.

4) Those born or with links to British overseas territories.

There are other applications that we can explore in this category.  A good place to start is to Speak to a Solicitor which can be booked here.


When an immigration application is made to the Home Office an immigration decision will be provided by the Home Office.  Essentially, this decision will either be a grant of the immigration status you are applying for or a refusal.

If your application is refused then you will have to decide whether you wish to challenge the Home Office decision.  In some cases the Home Office will grant you a right of appeal.  

You will be given a fixed number of days by which your Notice of appeal must reach the Tribunal.
An Immigration judge will then decide whether to allow or refuse the appeal.  If your appeal is successful and the Home Office do not take the matter further then your initial application will be granted.

Under a new law the Home Office can severely restricte the Right of Appeal and now even people with an appeal under human rights law may have to leave the UK and appeal from their country of origin.  So it is very important to make an application based on grounds which apply in your circumstances to reduce the chances of being refused.  

Deportation/ Removal

Most people refer to anyone who has been forced to leave a country by the authorities as being deported.  However, in the United Kingdom being deported or being forcibly removed have different consequences and we use different ways to challenge the Home Office on behalf of our client.

If you are the subject of a Deportation Order then any leave to remain that you had will no longer be valid unless the Deportation Order is revoked.  Furthermore, if you have already left the UK then you will not be able to return unless the Deportation Order is revoked.

If you are being administratively removed then it means that your paperwork is not in order to enable you to stay in the UK.  If you wish to stay in the UK you should obtain advise on the type of application you can make and whether this should be made inside or outside the UK. 

Once you make a successful application then your leave to remain or to enter the UK will be granted and you can carry on living in the UK.  You will need to ensure that you make any further application for leave to remain before your current leave to remain expires - otherwise you will be back to square 1!

Whether you are under threat of being deported or administratively removed you should seek urgent advised from a qualified specialist.  Click here to Speak to a Solicitor to get our advice on how you should proceed.

Immigration Practice Areas

  • Citizenship  
  • Nationality
  • Status Check
  • Citizenship Check
  • Bail & Detention
  • Leave to Remain
  • Rights of Abode
  • Long Residance
  • Visitor Visa
  • Judicial Review
  • Immigration Appeals
  • Ancestry Visa
  • Deportation & Removal
  • Marriage & Cival Partnership

Do you Have a Case?

An initial Immigration Status Check with Rogols is comes with no obligation.  You do not have to instruct us to take on your case. 

Your consultation will be carried out by our specialist Immigration Solicitor.

We will provide you with a written outline of the discussion, our outline advice and an estimate of the costs involved.

Book here

Do you have a question? 

If you have any legal question and you need an expert opinion about Immigration or family law, ask our specialist solicitor who will be happy to assist you. Click the link about; make the payment and then contact our office on 01214489255 to book your consultation at a convenient time.